Friday

A Walk In The Rain



It had been drizzling all morning and being a Saturday, one thing was sure with the perfect weather condition, sleep!

Lazily I got up and did a few things part of which was to go online and ‘see the world’ there. I also did a little cleaning and was about taking my bath when I figured it best to visit the salon first before having that 30-minute Saturday morning bath (you know it guys). So clutching my grooming kit, I stepped out of the house and my little nephew said he’d come along, he was tired of the ‘koko waves’ on his head, or so was his mother.

The drizzling had stopped so we walked hand-in-hand to the salon; of course the road was messy with the rains and all. As we walked, I noticed how my hand was fully wrapped round his and it struck me, how big is our God? How mighty are his hands that he is able to hold us, our dreams, ambitions and problems, no matter how big they are and lead us through the journey of life?

As we walked on with my hands held on to his, I would guide him as to where to step and where not to considering the road was a mess with potholes, mud and dirt everywhere. Having our hands in God’s is a surety for direction and guidance in life. He knows the path very well and he’s our best bet to getting through life and its situations unscathed. Yes sometimes a little mud spilled onto my slippers but then I remembered His word ‘…when you pass through the fire, it will not burn you, when you pass through the waters they shall not consume you’. The heat might cause you discomfort but it will NEVER burn you. Deep!

Even as we moved closer to the salon, he then pulled his hand away as if to say ‘I can now do this on my own’ then it hit me – sometimes after a walk with God, pride sets in and says ‘you can do this on your own’ and we more often than not, tend to fall for this trick of the enemy. God wants to walk with you ALL THE WAY not some of it, or most of it. There is that tendency to always want to do it ‘my own way’ but then experience has taught me that He wants me to trust in Him with ALL MY HEART, ALL THE WAY!

Writing this I realized, how easy my life would be if I decided to take a walk in the rain with this God and cast all my cares upon Him because he cares for me. Life would be so much easier!!! All He is asking is; would you put your hands in mine and let’s take a walk, through the muddy roads of life? 

Let’s take a walk in the rain.

follow me on twitter @FemiBellos and on bbm 2AE5A00E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comment!