Saturday

No Longer a Child...


Since the year began, I'd been thinking up what to write as my first post for the year! I definitely didn't want to feed you with all that "new year resolution" stuff that you probably are tired of hearing or reading about.

As I sat in the barber shop this evening, I noticed something on my head, two strands of grey hair! Not like there's any big deal as some people have it from a tender age however, I never had it from a tender age and I barely noticed since my hair was always cut down low, 2face style!

Well for a second or so, reality hit me hard like the chilly harmattan breeze that hits you in the face early in the morning in northern Nigeria - I wasn't getting younger! Gone were the days when I could call an uncle or aunt or my parents when I was broke and request for some money, now my younger siblings and cousins expect me to 'drop something'. Now I earn a salary, for the last few years of course and responsibilities stare me daily in the face.

Anyway, the lesson from my encounter this evening was nothing of the above sort rather, I realized I now had shorter time than before to achieve my goals. It dawned on me in the words of Korede Bello that, "I am no longer a child, bear bear don show, junior don grow...". So if you're still doing somethings that are childish, or still 'playing around' thinking you've got time, still being unserious with your career, passion, relationships, spirituality and life in general then, my dear friend, you should stand in front of a mirror and listen to the legendary Michael Jackson's man in the mirror.

Dude! you are no longer a child!

3 comments:

  1. Well said tho. I always try to look back five years ago and it does hit me that we don't got time on our side. How time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. scary but true...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baba don hode 😃😅

    - Altims

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comment!